Cost of Vasectomy
We all live busy lives. It is challenging to keep multiple appointments, especially, for things you are not thrilled to have done.
The additive costs of these visits; money, time missed from work, and increased anxiety from waiting all create unnecessary barriers for what is really a very simple procedure.
A major barrier to getting vasectomy is the number of office visits required.
To help decrease this barrier, we offer single visit vasectomy procedures.
You choose: One or two visits?
We allow patients to choose either 1) a single visit vasectomy procedure or 2) the more ‘traditional’ consultation visit first followed by a vasectomy procedure during a second visit.
Men are required to have a consultation appointment before they can schedule their vasectomy when they:
- Have a history of undescended testicle (either surgically corrected or uncorrected)
- Take prescription blood thinners
- Have bleeding disorders
Most men will choose to have a single visit vasectomy procedure. Some will choose to have a consultation visit first.
Click on each section below for greater detail about the cost of vasectomy and health insurance information.
Total cost of single visit vasectomy procedure $950
Most men will schedule a single visit vasectomy procedure. If you would like more information about having a consultation visit first then click on the link below for more information about consultation first visits.
Cost of optional or mandatory vasectomy consultation visit $250
Sedation is an option that may be appealing to some men. If you would like to consider sedation vasectomy then click on the link below for more information about sedation vasectomy. You will need to call our office to schedule a sedation vasectomy.
Cost of sedation vasectomy procedure $2,850
What if you have a problem? Serious problems are very uncommon after a vasectomy procedure.
- If you believe you are having a problem within the first three (3) months of your vasectomy procedure, then, if it is required, I will see you in the office at NO ADDITIONAL COST!
- If you believe you are having a problem three (3) months or more after your vasectomy procedure then you will need to pay for a consultation appointment to be evaluated.
What health insurance plans we accept?
Payment options for vasectomy
Mandatory $150 appointment deposit
Most men absolutely dread the thought of getting a vasectomy. No man eagerly looks forward to their vasectomy appointment.
As a result, appointment no show rates can be high….so this is why we require a $150 deposit before you can schedule.
All patients are required to secure their appointment by submitting a $150 deposit.
- The scheduling fee is fully refundable if a patient cancels their appointment seven (7) calendar days or more before their appointment date.
- The scheduling fee is non-refundable if a patient cancels or reschedules within seven (7) calendar days of their appointment date.
- For sedation vasectomy only, the scheduling fee is not applied towards the total cost of sedation vasectomy and the fee is non-refundable.
Vasectomy follow-up visit
We do not require a routine vasectomy follow up visit because this visit is usually a waste of time for myself and the patient. All patients receive Dr Monteith’s personal cell phone number to call if they think they are experiencing a vasectomy related problem.
Vasectomy semen sample follow-up visit
We will perform one (1) follow-up semen sample test at no charge for all patients within the first four (4) months of the vasectomy procedure.
More information: After Vasectomy Semen Sample Testing
Patients who take their semen sample to an outside laboratory for the vasectomy confirmation test will be charged for this testing. Your health insurance may or may not pay for this testing. The cost for a post-vasectomy semen sample at an outside lab ranges from $50 to $150.
Scheduling your vasectomy procedure: 3 simple steps!
Scheduling a vasectomy procedure is easy and can be completed in 5 simple steps!
- Decide if you want a consultation or a single visit vasectomy procedure
- Complete the on-line registration form, pick a date, and pay scheduling fee on our website.
- Read before and after vasectomy instructions