Cost of Vasectomy
We all live busy lives. It is challenging to keep multiple appointments, especially, for things you are not thrilled to have done.
The additive costs of these visits; money, time missed from work, and increased anxiety from waiting all create unnecessary barriers for what is really a very simple procedure.
A major barrier to getting vasectomy is the number of office visits required.
To help decrease this barrier, I offer men single visit vasectomy appointments.
You choose: One or two visits?
I allow patients to choose either 1) a single visit vasectomy procedure or 2) the more ‘traditional’ consultation visit first followed by a vasectomy procedure during a second visit.
Men are required to have a consultation appointment before they can schedule their vasectomy when they:
- Have a history of undescended testicle (either surgically corrected or uncorrected)
- Take prescription blood thinners
Most men will choose to have a single visit vasectomy procedure. Some will choose to have a consultation visit first.
Click on each section below for greater detail about the cost of vasectomy and health insurance information.
Cost of single visit vasectomy procedure $850
Cost of optional sedation vasectomy procedure $2,750
Cost of optional or mandatory vasectomy consultation visit $250
Dont make it complicated!
- SINGLE VISIT VASECTOMY: The TOTAL COST for a single visit vasectomy (including the 3 month semen sample) is $850. There are no additional costs.
- CONSULT VISIT FIRST + VASECTOMY PROCEDURE LATER: The TOTAL COST will be $1,100 ($250 consultation + $850 procedure). This includes the 3 month semen sample. There are no additional costs.
What if you have a problem? Serious problems are very uncommon after a vasectomy procedure.
- If you believe you are having a problem within the first three (3) months of your vasectomy procedure, then, if it is required, I will see you in the office at NO ADDITIONAL COST!
- If you believe you are having a problem three (3) months your vasectomy procedure then you will need to pay for a consultation appointment to be evaluated.
What health insurance plans we accept?
Payment options for vasectomy
Mandatory $100 appointment deposit
Most men absolutely dread the thought of getting a vasectomy. No man eagerly looks forward to their vasectomy appointment.
As a result, appointment no show rates can be high….so this is why we require a $100 deposit before you can schedule.
- For vasectomy under local anesthesia, the mandatory $100 deposit will be applied towards your total cost.
- For sedation vasectomy, the mandatory $100 scheduling fee will not be applied towards the total cost. The scheduling fee is non-refundable. We charge this $100 fee because of the increased amount of nursing and administrative time required to schedule a sedation vasectomy.
All patients are required to secure their appointment by submitting a $100 deposit.
- $100 deposit is fully refundable if a patient cancels their appointment seven (7) calendar days or more before their appointment date.
- $100 deposit is non-refundable if a patient cancels or reschedules within seven (7) calendar days of their appointment date.
- For sedation vasectomy only, the $100 scheduling fee is not applied towards the total cost of sedation vasectomy and the fee is non-refundable.
Vasectomy follow up visit
I do not require a routine vasectomy follow up visit because this visit is usually a waste of time for myself and the patient. All patients receive my personal cell phone number to call me if they think they are experiencing a vasectomy related problem.
Vasectomy semen sample follow-up visit
My office will perform one (1) follow-up semen sample test at no charge for all patients within the first four (4) months of the vasectomy procedure.
Patients who take their semen sample to an outside laboratory for the vasectomy confirmation test will be charged for this testing. Your health insurance may or may not pay for this testing. The cost for a post-vasectomy semen sample at an outside lab ranges from $50 to $125 dollars.
Scheduling your vasectomy procedure: 5 simple steps!
Scheduling a vasectomy procedure is easy and can be completed in 5 simple steps!
- Decide if you want a consultation or a single visit vasectomy procedure
- Check for available appointment dates on our vasectomy scheduling calendar
- Complete the on-line registration and pay the $100 scheduling appointment deposit/fee
- Call to schedule your appointment
- Read before and after vasectomy instructions